Product-Mix Auction Software
We provide open-source software for three different Product-Mix Auctions. (All Product-Mix Auctions are single-round sealed-bid auctions for multiple units of multiple distinct goods.)
- This is a generalisation of the design that is the basis of the "ILTR" auction that is now regularly used by the Bank of England — see paper.
- It permits flexible buyer and seller preferences over an arbitrary number of goods.
Version for Budget-constrained bidders.
- This version was originally designed for the Government of Iceland.
- As in the standard version, bidders simultaneously make sets of bids. In this case, however, each of a bidder's bids can specify a total budget to be spent.
"Positive and negative dot-bids" Version.
- This version extends the standard version to permit all participants (buyers and seller) to express any strong substitute preferences for indivisible goods.
This software is available both as a command-line program pma, and a web application pma-server (all open-source). The latter provides a single-user interface allowing an auction specification to be constructed in a web browser form. We host the web app here and also provide the code so users can host it locally.
This software is released under the GNU Affero General Public License.